I have small feet, size 6 US women’s, I have very few options to choose from, as it seems not that many SCUBA brands focus on women’s dive gear, the only other pair I have are from ScubaPro and I thought they were awesome, until I put the Aqualung Shot FX fins on.
Because my choice in fins are so limited, I really don’t know what it’s like to have a pair of heavy duty fins, that give my kick a lot of power. Aqualung has specifically designed The Shot FX fins for a woman, that’s right, a fin especially for women! These fins have forever changed my diving, now I know how much propulsion I can get from a well-made fin that fits.
The technology has evolved from past Aqualung Models. The foot pocket, which is equipped with a “Power Transmission Zone”, helps to anchor the foot, which prevents stretching of the foot pocket, overall giving the stroke the best transmission of energy.
The blade contains a high performance elastomer, which is very efficient, and creates a “spoon effect” which pushes more water with each down stroke.
I have been diving with these fins for over 5 months now, and I love them. They perform great in all sorts of diving conditions, including strong currents. They are reliable, sturdy and give me the propulsion I was lacking in other fins. These fins are a great investment for any female diver.
Here are the current color choices:
- Shot FX foot pocket’s design, compounds, and sizing are made to fit women’s feet.
- Power bands on the SlingShot and HotShot fins has been replaced with V Boosters located in the Power Zone. These provide greater power with even less effort.
- Spring strap has a soft TPR heel pad for comfort.
- Blades contain a high performance elastomer for improved efficiency.
- Foot pocket uses a Power Transmission Zone that limits the unnecessary stretching of the foot pocket during the power stroke. Providing maximum energy transmission.
- Inner sole provides a gripping effect that prevents the boot from moving laterally inside the pocket.