Are you really into scuba diving with big animals? Well here is a chance that you should not pass up. Especially if you are
into underwater photography/videography.
The next trip that will be conducted is: April 2nd to the 8th 2011 $2395 (Double Occ. Cabins)
Below is a video from my close friend Trisha Stovel - who experienced this on the same workshop in 2010:
What do you get out of this trip?
DO YOU WANT TO LEARN TO SHOOT SHARKS LIKE A PRO?
IMAGINE THIS OPPORTUNITY: You're kneeling on the sand right next to the shark handler while tiger and lemon sharks circle expectantly. A huge tiger swims so close to your camera that it barely fits in your view finder. It's bulk blots out the sun. You compose each shot, firing repeatedly until it's head is so close that it no longer fits in your fisheye lens. Eventually its shadow moves away and your heart begins to slow as the adrenalin dissolves in your blood stream. Looking down at your review screen the truth of the encounter appears in vivid detail waiting to be printed and framed for posterity. Join me at the Tiger Beach Photography Workshop in April 2011 and take home that experience!
LEARN THE BASICS OR PERFECT YOUR SKILLS
Whether you're a novice looking for your first amazing images or a veteran shooter ready to hone your craft, this trip is for you:
- Master the art of composition.
- Learn how to construct dynamic shark images by utilizing the environment.
- Learn techniques to shoot sharks at night.
- Work with professional shark handlers to create up close and personal encounters.
- Master over/under close ups while shark wranglers lead the sharks right up to your lens.
- Understand low light shooting and learn how to shoot sun splashes.
Then, learn the secrets of post production workflow:
- Develop workflow systems to quickly critique, sort, metatag and catalog your images.
- Learn how to adjust images in Photoshop RAW.
- See how the pro's clean up images to remove backscatter and unwanted objects.
- Subtly tweak your images to make them jump off the screen.
- Find out how to prepare images for commercial submission.
NON SHOOTERS WELCOME
If you're not a photographer you're still very welcome at this workshop. Tiger Beach is the pinnacle of shark diving in the Bahamas - no one comes home feeling the same about these magnificent animals.
TIMING IS THE KEY!
We are scheduling the first workshop for April when we have a good chance of also seeing Great Hammerheads. Shooting hammers will be an amazing bonus if we can find them! The workshop will include five days of diving (weather depending) with lemons and tigers. Seven days round trip from Palm Beach, Florida aboard the Dolphin Dream - the most spacious and comfortable liveaboard at Tiger Beach.
Let us know if you are up for the trip! I am definitely going on this one!